Welcome to ALF Core Competency Testing
La aplicación en línea y todas las solicitudes y formularios están disponibles en Español
To be eligible to take the Assisted Living Facility Core Competency Test, prospective examinees must have completed a minimum of 26 hours of Core Training from an Approved Core Trainer.
The Assisted Living Facility Core Competency Test contains multiple-choice questions with four possible choices.
Examinees have a total of 2 hours to complete the test.
The ALF Core Competency Test is now offered in Punta Gorda and Fort Pierce. Please review the schedule for dates and times.
Florida Department of Elder Affairs (DOEA) Applicable Statutes and Regulations for Assisted Living Facilities (ALF):
- Florida Statutes Chapter 429, Part I: Assisted Living Facilities
- Florida Statutes Chapter 430: Elderly Affairs
- Florida Administrative Code Chapter 58A-5: Assisted Living
- Florida Administrative Code Chapter 58T-1: Training Requiring Provider and Curriculum
- Florida Administrative Code Chapter 59A-36: Resident Rights
For ALF Florida Statutes and Regulations that are listed above click on the following DOEA link:
- Applicable Statutes and Regulations